I love a well curated brunch. It’s to easy to shoe up at a restaurant. But, to invite your friends to your patio and show them your Martha skills. Well, that’s post pandemic fun. My go to summer brunch salad (well one of them) is the Watermelon Salad. It takes the place if that hard to make Mint Julep .
- 3 cups watermelon cubed or balled
- 1 1/2 cups sliced cucumber seeds removed
- 2 tablespoons mint thinly sliced or small mint leaves
- 1/3 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place the watermelon, cucumber and mint in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lime juice and salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the dressing over the melon mixture and toss to coat. Sprinkle with feta and serve.
Calories: 168kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 142mg | Potassium: 209mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 845IU | Vitamin C: 12.8mg | Calcium: 83mg | Iron: 0.6mg
Leave a Reply