I was Keto, once. The food allowed on a Keto diet is counter to everything you think makes a good diet. It’s high fat, i did it for one year and lost weight. But, i hated it. However, there are some Keto recipes I love. My fave!!! Mock mashed potatoes. I love potatoes 🥔. To give them up hurt like a breakup, but worse cause potatoes love me back. Mock mash potatoes are not as good as the real thing. But, there id less guilt and fewer cards. It’s Like meeting someone who really cares about you. it feels right,
• 1 medium head cauliflower, diced
• 1 tablespoon cream cheese, softened
• 1/4 cup parmesan, grated
• 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
• 1/8 teaspoon straight chicken base or bullion (you may substitute this with 1/2 teaspoon salt)
• 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
• 1/2 teaspoon chives, chopped, for garnish (optional) • 3 tablespoons unsalted butter (optional)
Place a stockpot of water over high heat on the stove-top, bringing it to a boil.
Place the cauliflower into the stockpot and cook in the boiling water until well-done, about 6 minutes.
Then, pat the cooked cauliflower completely dry using several paper towels.Step 5
Garnish with chives and serve hot with butter.
Drain well, but do not allow the cauliflower to cool.Step 4
Using a food processor or an immersion blender with a bowl, puree the hot cauliflower with parmesan, cream cheese, chicken base, garlic, and pepper, until just smooth.Step 6
Leave a Reply